Senior Legal Associate
Providing legal and commercial support/advice and internal governance assistance to any internal business units and clients within the Media Zone Authority – Abu Dhabi group.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactive member of the legal department, especially working with and supporting the production managers.
- Working with and advising the EDs, Directors, HODs and other members of the business units on the legal requirements of their departments and individual projects.
- Managing external support providers such as law firms and corporate investigation companies.
- Leading on the legal aspects of larger strategic projects/deals with support from the Director of Legal
- Managing legal input given on projects for the other departments where required.
- Drives contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract execution. Manages contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input.
- Leading on commercial/strategy investment deals, with the guidance of the Director of Legal, including preparing drafts of the documentation, being the first point of contact for the internal client and other party and attending negotiations/meetings.
- Advising to ensure compliance with the twofour54 regulations and policies.
- Providing continued support to all internal departments in all legal matters with particular focus on advising on legal issues.
- Providing ad hoc legal support for content creation across the Creative Lab, Talent Development and marketing departments, providing start-to-finish legal assistance on creative projects, and reviewing and drafting standard template agreements.
- Ensuring governance procedures are followed for sign off of legal
- Documents (required to initial sign off sheet for each legal document to
- Assessing, evaluating and advising on legal risks in various transactions with the objective of appropriately managing risks to the business.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Excellent drafting and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and problem solving skills
- Experience in dealing with external clients
- Ability to manage and prioritise heavy and variable workload
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to read contracts quickly and determine key issues
- Enthusiastic and hard-working
- 3 + years post qualification experience
- Commercial/media experience
- UAE law experience
- Second class honours degree or equivalent
- Legal Practice Course or equivalent
- Qualified solicitor or equivalent