Head of Financial Accounts - UAE National
The job holder will be responsible for overseeing the general accounting and the financial services areas including Credit and collection, A/R and A/P including accruals and prepayments.She/he will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls to ensure that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with MZA financial policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To manage the monthly close process and ensure all balance sheet accountsare reconciled
- Ensure adequate financial records are maintained for audit purposes.
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department including; month and year end process, accounts receivables/payables, cash receipts, general ledger, cash forecasting, bank reconciliation.
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the three-way matching principle is followed for the issued payments and the suppliers are paid on timely basis.
- Follow up with Partners on collection where needed.
- Responsible for cash flow management and managing day to day banking relationships.
- Manage Value Added Tax (VAT) returns ensuring they are submitted on a timely basis
- Be an active and key member of the Credit Committee
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions and ensure team roll them out.
- Set team objectives, monitor performance, delegate responsibilities.
- Provide necessary support and guidance.
- Work with the other Finance team members to streamline internal financial reports and reporting processes to deliver more efficient, more effective, and more useful reports and analysis.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Expertise in preparing management accounts including Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
- Adequate knowledge of Oracle application
- Understanding of business processes and knowledge of “Best Practices” in terms of processes, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in MS Office
- Atleast 7 years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree - Finance/Accounting or similar