To support the Events Manager in the successful delivery of key events which contribute to the positive positioning of Abu Dhabi, the Media Zone Authority and twofour54 in the local, regional and international media and content creation industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Events Manager on the project management and delivery of events and provide event production support to event teams and external agencies.
- Coordinate key events and take overall responsibility for ensuing their smooth running, execution and delivery of objectives as directed.
- Ownership of administrative functions around events including liaison with procurement, finance and legal teams including management.
- Support in development of detailed plans for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets etc); organize and execute each phase of the plan in detail
- Negotiate services and arrangements with vendors.
- Maintain healthy relationships with event producers and suppliers.
- Operate as an integral member of the strategic events team and in close cooperation with other teams or external agencies.
- Actively support the development of a strong positive culture within the events function
- Share best practice and learning with colleagues and seek continuous improvement opportunities, actively seeking coaching and feedback opportunities.
- Act as a positive ambassador for the department and build confidence across the business
Education, Experience & Skills
- Understanding of the production and planning processes for strategic events
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, Photoshop and ability to learn event specific applications
- Good written and spoken Arabic
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule depending upon business levels and needs and possess a 'can do' attitude
- 1-2 years’ experience in events and communications.
- Knowledge of large scale event planning plus tactical and operational delivery.
- Experience working with tight deadlines.
- Experience of working in business communication events management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels.
- Strong problem-solver with the ability to function well under pressure, and remain positive and constructive under stress
- Bachelor Degree level
- Qualification in media or event related course