To work together in the regulatory affairs and licensing team (MZA) to ensure maximum efficiency and support for clients and stakeholders, by following the appropriate procedures; assisting with the processing of licensing, renewals, compliance and the general companies registration function of the Media Zone Authority – Abu Dhabi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consideration of and processing of new MZA license applications under MZA Regulatory framework, including considerations of the intended business or services. This includes assessing renewal of licensing applications to ensure that the applicant and proposed service meet the criteria for licensing and registration, researching corporate structure, ownership and director details, and consideration of the types of services to fit within MZA.
- Liaising with stakeholders on registration and licensing applications including written and verbal correspondence, sometimes in both Arabic and English.
- Working closely with the Business Development teams regarding provision of information on licensees within the zone.
- To work with the team on all matters which may need administrative assistance.
- To work with the rest of the LRA team to share best practice and develop ideas for future improvements in the licensing and registration process including policy work.
- To work with other teams within LRA including regulatory policy and compliance on relevant issues such as license implications of standards breaches, financial penalties and policy decisions.
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams within the MZA in consideration and assessment of applications for amendments to services and license variations and process management.
- Familiarization with key federal Emirati legislation, MZA regulatory framework and international regulatory best practice.
- Familiarization with key codes or practice on media content and broadcast related issues such as advertising and programme standards, product placement, interactive services and sponsorship.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Ability to grasp, analyse and develop procedures surrounding licensing and registration
- Solid IT skills with the ability to think creativity about the application and implementation of available IT to the process nature of the Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- Public administration experience in Abu Dhabi is a plus
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken Arabic
- Degree or equivalent
- BA/Diploma in media, legal or business related preferable